STRI has been involved in various projects for Power Quality and Distributed Generation both in Sweden and internationally. Several studies have led to new approaches for the description and mitigation of disturbances. The combined resources in all of our technical areas - and the fact that we are independent - provide a solid foundation for correct and effective answers to most power quality and EMC related problems. Our experience covers a wide variety of issues related to transmission systems down to low voltage applications. STRI has in recent years been active in projects concerning integration of Distributed Energy Sources (DER) and Distributed Generation with focus on wind power generation. This includes system studies for regions and complete countries as well as participation in the EU-DEEP project.
More information on: http://www.eu-deep.com/
STRI's services in the area of Power Integration
- Problem solving in existing installations
- Fault-tracing, mitigation methods and power-quality measurements
- Verification of EMC requirements in power and industrial plants
- Immunity testing and radio interference measurements
- System studies with design engineering of new plants or equipment.
- Characterization of electrical environments and measurements as well as simulation and prediction
- General consulting relating distributed generation and wind power integration
- Research and development related to Power Quality and Distributed Generation