EA, ILAC and SWEDAC
EA, the european co-operation for accreditation is an organisation, of which the members are the nationally recognised accreditation bodies of the member countries or the candidate countries, of the European Union and EFTA. Associate membership is open to nationally recognised accreditation bodies in countries in the European geographical area who can demonstrate that they operate an accreditation system compatible with EN45003 or ISO/IEC Guide 58.
On June 26, 2000 the EA established a legal entity according to the Dutch law - see Articles of Association
ILAC, International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation is an international cooperation of laboratory and
inspection accreditation bodies.
It provides a focus for:
- developing and harmonising laboratory and inspection accreditation practices;
- promoting laboratory and inspection accreditation to industry, governments, regulators and consumers;
- assisting and supporting developing accreditation systems;
- global recognition of laboratories and inspection facilities via the ILAC Arrangement, thus facilitating
- acceptance of test, inspection and calibration data accompanying goods across national borders.
SWEDAC is a member of EA and of ILAC